Today was the first day of classes, and I'll say if nothing else, my pronunciation will improve. No English is allowed, which is awesome. We spent a lot of the time talking about ourselves and describing partners in our class, from physical appearance to attitude. The second you pronounced a word wrong, Mr Fillon was on it, not just yelling, but explaining exactly zhy and the connotations each word has.
We have class from 9h to 13h every day, and we'll have multiple professors, but only one a day. Tomorroz, my group gets the culture professor, which I'm really excited about. After class, the restaurant (cafeteria) is open until 14h30, so we walk over and get our discounted dinners. Lunch is their biggest meal of the day, and we get it for less than three euros, which you can't find anywhere else- not even if you cook for yourself.
I'm a little nervous about my classes, and I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time studying with Jon. We're in the same class and not really sure if we're going to be challenged enough, so we're going to make sure we challenge each other.
Tonight, there is a pizza party for all of the ISEF students in our residence, but I think I'm going to use some of the produce that I got and make a meal before hand. I love hox fresh everything is, and how the colors of the foods are so different. That also means that they need to be used much more quickly, so if I don't use up by tomatoes and cucumber tonight, I'm pretty sure they'll be a lost cause.
Où nous irons... (Where we will go)
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Gent, Belgium
- Paris, France
- Chambéry, France
- Venice, Italy
- Lyons, France
- Geneva, Switzerland
- Nimes, France
- Montpellier, France
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment